Quad Bike or Sit-in ATV
ATV's are being used much more widely as a cost effective vehicle to transport equipment and people across difficult terrain without the expense of a large 4x4. This course covers all you need to know to operate them safely, wherever you use them around the world.
- All HSE and Legal aspects of use
- Identify and understand function of all controls
- Daily Operator checks and maintenance
- Operate over a variety of terrain and ground conditions
- Risk assessments and route planning
- Drive with loads and trailers
- Load and secure for transport on road
- Legal and practical requirements to drive on the public road
Used correctly, ATV’s, or quad bikes, are very versatile vehicles with a wide variety of uses. A range of attachments, including trailers, sprayers and spreaders, make them even more flexibleand effective business tools.
But even the most experienced ATV riders can find themselves in hazardous and potentially dangerous situations. Serious accidents can and do occur without proper training.
Training is a legal requirement. The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) require employers to provide adequate training and to ensure that ATVs are used only by employees who have received appropriate training in their safe use, including towed equipment and attachments. If you are self-employed, the regulations still apply.
Our courses can meet these legal requirements with hands on, enjoyable and informative training.